I have been a graduate student in Africa International University (formerly Nairobi Evangelical Graduate School of Theology) since 2009. In the light of the recent charter conferred on AIU as a fully fledged university in Kenya by the President of Kenya, Hon. Mwai Kibaki; I wish to highlight below why I found AIU a university of choice in Africa. Additionally, the inserted video further testifies to why you may want to visit or consider Africa international University for your education
- Academic Excellence: Africa International University (AIU) is undoubtedly one the leading Christian universities on the continent of Africa with excellent academic track records. Academic excellence was my first attraction to AIU.
- Excellent Faculty: Besides, AIU parades brilliant Professors who are able to stand shoulder to shoulder with their counterparts around the world. The faculty integrates faith with learning and actively combines scholarship with professional practice in their various fields of specialization. The teachers are not just excellent in teaching; they are also excellent in research and mentoring.
- On the context study environment and problem-solving approach to learning are part of benefits I am getting here. AIU gives an education that is tailored towards responding to the needs of my society as well as a training that aids me towards achieving the mission of God for my life.
- Truly International: The international nature of AIU is also a factor one cannot easily brush aside. Over the last 25 years, AIU has attracted faculty, staff and students from about 40 nations of our world representing the continents of Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. This provides me opportunity for networking as well as the privilege to learning with and from people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent Learning Resources & Environment: The Tony Wilmot Memorial Library (TWML) of AIU has a collection of more than 50, 000 volumes of book with vast access to thousands of online journals, articles, monographs, and free books to aid learning. Just like AIU, TWL is arguably one the strongest Christian Libraries in Africa today. AIU is located along Dogoretti Road, in Karen area of Nairobi on over 50 acres of land. The campus is beautiful, green and serene for learning. Additionally, there is 24/7 on-campus internet access and a growing Computer Laboratory for students who do not own personal computers. The very welcoming and friendly faculty, staff and students make you adjust and feel at home quickly.
- Alumni Making Giant Strides: The graduates of AIU are ‘transformative agents’ making positive impacts in all strata of human society in Africa and around the world. It pays to be part of such a team!
I strongly believe that my training in AIU is preparing me to actively engage the challenges facing my society by providing cutting edge scholarship as a theoretician and balanced/Bible based leadership as a practitioner. Challenges of poverty, bad leadership and governance, corruption, unemployment etcetera need to be faced head on by the Church, and I have been positioned through my training here not only to respond to them but also to train the younger generation of leaders to see this a part of their callings. My desire is to develop Bible-based and solution-driven leadership in the African Church and the world through my preaching and teaching ministries; thereby raising a generation of people that will see the need to positively impact the African Church and the society as a non-negotiable task.You are welcome to be part of the transformation story! Please see the university website for further details: http://www.negst.edu/